A gap in data can occur when a machine cannot connect to the Internet, so its data cannot get to ei3.
Causes of data loss
Data loss can occur for a variety of reasons. These can be, but are not limited to:
- Machine or other connected devices are powered off.
- A loss of internet connection or disruption in internet service.
- A firewall prevents connection to ei3.
- A faulty Ethernet cable or switch.
- Wrong red box on machine, unmatched green and red box project #s, or swapped red boxes.
- Wrong IP address or network information put in green or red box.
Checking for Data Loss
There are a few ways to check if you have a gap in data for a machine.
- Go to the Remote Monitoring page and check the machine’s Snapshot. This displays the last time data was successfully collected from the machine.
- Generate a report. From the Reports menu, generate a Data Collection and Connectivity Status Report based on your preferences to check for missing data on your machine(s).
- Go to the Remote Monitoring > Admin page for Alerts and set up a Missing Data Alert. For information on configuring such an alert, see here.
© 2020 ei3 Corporation. Content of this web page is proprietary to ei3 Corporation.