A gap in data can occur when a machine cannot connect to the internet, so its data cannot get to ei3.
Causes of Data Gaps
Data gaps can occur for a variety of reasons. These can be, but are not limited to:
- The machine or other connected devices are powered off.
- A loss of internet connection or disruption in internet service.
- A firewall or an intrusion detection system that prevents connection to ei3.
- A faulty Ethernet cable or switch.
- The wrong red box is installed on the machine, an unmatched green and red box(es) have been connected, or red boxes have been swapped.
- The wrong IP address or network information configured in the green or the red box.
Checking for Data Gaps
There are a few ways to check if you have a gap in data for a machine.
- Go to the MONITOR > Data Snapshot page. This displays the last time data was successfully collected from the machine.
- From the MONITOR > Reports page, generate a Data Gap Analysis based on your preferences.
- Go to the MONITOR > Alerts page and set up a Data Gap Alert. For information on configuring such an alert, see here.
© 2023 ei3 Corporation. Content of this web page is proprietary to ei3 Corporation.